What types of masks should be worn indoors?
Mask wearing at all campuses while indoors will continue into spring 2022. The CDC recommends the following mask types to offer the best protection:
- medical procedure masks (sometimes referred to as surgical masks or disposable face masks),
- masks that fit properly (snugly around the nose and chin with no large gaps around the sides of the face),
- masks made with breathable fabric (such as cotton),
- masks made with tightly woven fabric (i.e., fabrics that do not let light pass through when held up to a light source),
- masks with two or three layers, or
- masks with inner filter pockets.